The WAV Recorder from 4ms Company is a high fidelity, two-channel stereo audio recorder with basic playback features. Accepting a wide range of input signals, from line-level to modular-level, the WAV Recorder stores audio onto a microSD card in lossless .wav format up to 96kHz/24-bit. The trigger jack can be used for capturing rhythmic loops or synchronizing multiple WAV Recorder modules for multi-track recording. In Playback mode, the trigger jack or button plays the most recent recording. A simple file/folder navigation system can be used to browse the folders on the card for playing back .wav files. A Gain knob allows for up to +20dB of boost, and an LED Signal Meter indicates clipping and the signal level.
The WAV Recorder features:
- Records high-fidelity, low-noise, stereo WAV files onto microSD Card.
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit stereo recording.
- Extremely low noise, high-fidelity design
- Configurable to 96kHz, 48kHz, or 44.1kHz; and 24-bit or 16-bit; and stereo or mono
- Accepts modular signal level, line level, or headphone level.
- Gain knob and LED level meter allows you easily boost or cut any signal, from synths to smart phones, without clipping.
- Audio can be monitored without recording, so the WAV Recorder can also be used as a pre-amp for boosting line-level signals to modular level.
- Playback previous recordings or standard .wav files on the microSD Card, without renaming files.
- Playback and Record activated by button press or a trigger jack
- Recording time and number of files are limited only by available space on card: Typical cards can hold hundreds of hours of samples.
- Continuous Recording feature automatically breaks long recordings (>6 hours, typically) into multiple 4GB files. With a large SD Card (128GB), you can literally record continuously for 2 weeks without stopping!
- Connects to the LISTEN modules for recording directly from the main output.
- 24-bit 96kHz Codec (DAC and ADC)
- Includes 16GB microSD card (Class 10), SD adaptor, 10-to-16 pin power cable and M3 Knurlie screws
- 6 HP Eurorack format module
- 10-pin Eurorack power header
- 0.98" (25mm) maximum depth with power cable
- Power consumption:
- +12V rail: 112mA
- -12V rail: 12mA
- +5V rail: not used
- Connect red stripe of power cable towards the bottom of the module, which is marked with a white stripe and the words -12V and POWER
- Audio Inputs
- Audio Signal
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) of WAV file:
(Measurements taken from recordings made in typical Eurorack case powered by Row Power 40)
- -91.7dB @ 16-bit, 44.1kHz
- -88.9dB @ 24-bit, 96kHz
- Playback Frequency Response (File : Output jacks)
20Hz - 20kHz: +/-0.1dB maximum
- Trigger input:
- Acceptable trigger voltage range: +2V to +12V
- Minimum pulse width: 5ms
- Maximum frequency of repeated triggers: 50Hz
(Minimum time between recordings varies with speed of microSD card)