>> 14HP | $249USD | +30mA, -30mA
>> EURORACK FORMAT MODULE
>> ALSO AVAILABLE AS A DIY PROJECT
- Square wave noise core creates everything from pitched ring modulated textures to hissing and screeching, broken radio tones
- Noise core square wave VCOs (not v/oct, but close) each have an output so drones can be created simultaneously alongside noise
- Noise Core Disruptor mode creatively abuses the noise algorithm into unique sounding noise timbres
- Four noise outputs (I, IV, VII, XI) each with their own unique sound in Noise Core Disruption mode
- Dedicated input for each oscillator as well as global oscillator CV, for complex modulation
- Expanding with a Galilean Moons adds percussion-centric features that turn Jupiter Storm into a very capable percussion and sound FX synthesis machine
Jupiter Storm is a cosmic noise oscillator. It creates sounds that can only be described as out of this world! Where it differs entirely from other pure white noise generators (such as vcNOIZ) is in the algorithm used to produce the sound. Jupiter Storm has a tonal character very much of its own.
Jupiter Storm generates its sound from three square wave oscillators, interacting with one another in a unique algorithm. Some of the sounds possible are reminiscent of the sound of an AM radio being blasted with noise from the cosmos.. This creates noise with significant harmonic content and unique timbres!
With the Noise Core Disruptor engaged, part of the noise core is creatively abused in order to generate insane sonic textures.
Voltage control inputs for all three square waves which energize the noise core are available as well as a CV input that addresses all three oscillators at once. In this way, very dynamic sounds can be achieved with complex modulation routing. For example, you can apply a taste of LFO modulation to all three oscillators, while modulating a select oscillator simultaneously on its own with something more drastic.
No microcontrollers are present in the design of this analog module.